Thursday, September 25, 2008

Friendly Skies

So I'm at Phoenix Sky Harbor airport waiting for my flight from Phoenix to LA to meet up with my girlfriend Denise for her birthday dinner. I knew we were going to dinner in Hollywood that night so I decided I would just fly out there ready to go to make things easier. Courtney had curled my hair (thanks Court!) and I was all dressed in my "going out" dress and high heels. Now, for those of you that know me this is not my normal travel attire but let me tell you when you dress up you sure do get a lot more attention then when you are in kick-it sweatpants!

At my gate I met a guy who was with his two brothers on their way to Vegas. It was this guy's birthday so they were going to party it up!! I however believe that the celebrating began earlier at the airport lounge because he was a bit tipsy already and very flirty. He even invited me to Vegas after knowing me for only five minutes! I politely thanked him but told him I had more important plans this weekend....MAGIC MOUNTAIN!! I mean it's an obvious choice right??? : )

Since the flight was not full the guy decided to sit next to me on the plane to "get to know me better." I figured why not, I mean he was cute and funny and it was only a 45 minute flight. What could possibly happen??? Well apparently he meant getting to know me not only personally but also physically. Now for all you dirty minds out there, NO, I didn't become a member of the mile high club. I mean I am a lady and it was only a 45 minute flight!! : )
He was just much more friendlier then anyone else I have ever sat next to on a plane. I will just leave it at that!

I did however learn a valuable lesson from this experience. I plan to dress to impress for all my future flights. Comfort is no longer my focus. I think the airport is the "new club scene" for the over 30 crowd!!! Next Saturday I will be cruising the airport lounge if anyone is interested!! : )

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

We could total recreate this story for my video blog idea I mention under your Hollywood blog!! AWESOME! Now, speaking as your sister and not your Producer, just be smart and always do the right thing. Also, what ever you do, do not mess up our flight benefits with your sexy dresses, high heels and curly hair!! Only ugly flying from now on (well except when I am with you and then we do what we do :-) - Just kidding Mom and Dad)

Shannon said...

ha ha ha, you crack me up!

LB said...

Well my lasy few flights have not been too "dressed up" considering how long I have to fly. I think I will look stupid if I'm wearing my sexy dress and heels on a six hour flight to NC! NEW RULE-only dress cute if the flight time is less then 2 hours! : )