Sunday, September 28, 2008

Magic Mountain

Well today the van is leaving for our second annual trip to Magic Mountain (MM). This trip we had our regulars (Alyssa, Andy, Courtney, and of course myself) and we had some newbies (Adam and Mindi). A couple of our regular Six Flaggers (Steph and Stacey) from last year were unable to attend this year but we are hoping to get them back next year!
The trip started with Lindsay flying in from LA around 11am and then getting her car and heading home to pack for MM. Since everyone was at work my stepfather Randy took me to pick up the rental van. It was not the "Silver Bullet" but it was comfortable and it fit us all. It's funny how much I love to drive vans. I really think I was either born to be a soccer mom or a bus driver...I'm not sure which one, but I'm thinking since I have no kids the bus driver option might be best at this point.
Anyways, I picked up Adam on my way home and it was off to meet Courtney at my house and then to Alyssa and Andy's house to get them plus Mindi. I was proud that we were off and on the road by 3:15pm. That is our new record start time....however with all the stops we made along the way (we did have Adam with us!) it was a good thing we left early. Here we are in the van driving to MM. Is it just me or does Courtney look like she has the "Boys don't cry haircut? : )

Here we are eating a healthy dinner of El Pollo Loco in some random town in CA. See we can all still get along after being stuck in a van for six hours together. Oh, and look Courtney's hair grew back and she is a girl again! : )

We arrived at our cool little trucker stop where our hotel (Days Inn baby!! Yeah, we are big spenders) was located. Now to the newbies it could have been a bit scary but to us regulars we were back with our fellow truckers and good ole' Cafe Mike's!

We all went off to bed since we knew the next day would busy. The morning started off great until the tire pressure light came on in the van and then the change oil message flashed at me. Thanks Enterprise Rental Car for giving me a piece of crap van that needed service!
Even with the car issues we were ready to hit up the park! Here we are just before we left the hotel to head to breakfast and then the park. Don't we look great? Yeah, this will be the only photo of us as a group today because NO ONE wants to see what we look like after being at the park for 12 hours!! It's not pretty!!
It was off to the park for our fun filled day. We had our Diet Coke cans in hand to use the coupon that said we could get in for $21.99. Well, much to my dismay they said that coupon was only for the water park attached to MM. Not a great way to start off the morning!! I was pissed! I asked for a supervisor and instead of the 16 year old at the ticket counter I got the experienced 17 year old! What a joke! She was no help and we had to end up paying $30 per person (which was a discount but not the point). Needless to say I went to Guest Services right away to complain but apparently at MM the customer is not always right! Stacey, I need a letter please!!

Well after the ticket fiasco I decided to let it go and just have fun. I mean it was only $8 but it was the principle! Anyways, we started our morning with the new X2 ride and that was the way we ended it that evening as well! We conquered the park and got the most out of our $30!! That is right we were there at 10am and we didn't leave until the park closed at 10pm!!

The picture of Alyssa and Andy below tells it all!! No, it's not blurry that is just your eyes!!
Each year we learn a few new lessons about the park and here is what we learned this year.
  1. The rides at MM are controlled by a bunch of LAME teenagers! I think we knew this last year but for some reason this year it was so much more annoying. It was like a bad version of High School Musical without the cool dance numbers and singing! Just stupid kids everywhere proving they don't give a crap about their jobs. Apparently, MM has lowered their standards when it comes to the kids they hire to operate these crazy rides! Nice to know our safety is priority #1! NOT!!!
  2. Don't chew gum on a roller coaster! Hey guys, when you are on a ride screaming, things in your mouth tend to fall out and hit innocent people (like Adam) sitting in the back of the ride. This can cause them to freak out and possibly ruin their ride experience so just spit out the gum prior to the ride next time!
  3. A thong, jeans, and the Roaring Rapid ride are not a good combination. I will just say your never too old for baby powder!! : )

More to come!!


xoxo

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sounds like more live and learn experiences came from this MM trip! A journal should be started so each trip new ones can be added. Can't wait to join next year! Wonder what lessons will be learned then.....

Stacey said...

I will say, that I am sad I didn't go this year. Ok, go ahead and say "I told you so." But I only miss the drive, not so sure of the drive. If I go next year, I might just go on a few rides....But in anycase, thanks for looking after Adam and I am glad that you all had fun....

Stacey said...

I meant that I am not so sure of the rides....man.....

poo head said...

Um, some of those lessons learned are WAY more painful than others.

A few thoughts:

1. Mindi was a great new addition to the trip, she rocked on the rides. I have already warned her that as of next year she is no longer a rookie and we will NOT be as nice when she opts out of a ride.

2. Will we ever know what Adam did to his bed Friday night? (Hello my nemesis!!!!!!!!!!!)

3. A fourth lesson learned is to always travel w/ your id.

4. Going later in the month has its benefits including cooler weather, pumpkin light fixtures all over the park, and fall festivals with PONY RIDES!!!

LB said...

I'm excited to have both Steph and Stacey join us again for next years trip!! That will give me a reason to get the BIG van!! : )

Stephanie said...

From what is sounds like, the later year part not only gave the benefit of the cooler weather but it appears that no one still really goes there when we are there!! AWESOME!! My plan is to attend next year! GO SILVER BULLET!