Monday, June 15, 2009

Must BEE Monday!

I walked into work this morning and I went straight to the cafe to get my free soda and to fill my water bottle. I was pretty excited because I was at work on time and Charlie seemed to be pretty happy when I left so all was good. As I approach the elevator to head to the third floor where I sit I see a sign that changed it all......here is what it said:

Attention CH7 3rd and 4th floor occupants,
A Swarm Of Bee’s Penetrated The Building And were seen on the Third and Fourth Floors. Exterminators were Dispatched and Serviced Both Floors. Please be Aware of your Surroundings.
Please note Conference rooms CH7-309 and CH7-310 will be not be available today.

Ummm....okay what the hell do they mean a swarm of bee's penetrated the building!!! I mean when I think of a swarm I think of that huge black cloud of killer bee's like you see in a movie. I mean what constitutes as a swarm? More then five?? Ten?? Twenty?? Is the Queen bee with the swarm?? Either way I'm freaked out and those conference rooms that are not available today are near where I sit!!

IIf I get stung at work does that mean I can file for workers comp?? Just thinking out loud.....

Well wish me luck today. I already told my boss the first bee I see and I'm outta here!!!

For those that asked to see the sign here it is! So funny! They just added the bee picture on a Intel badge!!


More to come
xoxo

6 comments:

C Brown said...

That is so funny, wouldn't it be crazy if it was like a swarm black cloud like the cartoons. I am mean maybe not for you cause you have to work there. Goodluck don't get stung.

poo head said...

That is hilarious. Can you get a picture of the sign? LOL

And yes, from my experience working with industrial claims, if you were stung and had an allergic reaction that impacted your ability to work I see no reason why your claim wouldn't be approved.

LB said...

It's so funny the sign now has a picture of what the bee looks like and it's bee name!! I will try to take a photo and post it to the blog. I just have to be slick about it. Stay tuned....

Thanks for the claims input. I will be contacting you if I need help with a possible claim. I'm hoping not to be stung though!!

poo head said...

AWESOME. Thanks for the update. The badge is funny too.

Stacey said...

From Dictionary.com
swarm1  /swɔrm/ Show Spelled [swawrm] Show IPA
–noun
1.a body of honeybees that emigrate from a hive and fly off together, accompanied by a queen, to start a new colony.
2.a body of bees settled together, as in a hive.
3.a great number of things or persons, esp. in motion.
4.Biology. a group or aggregation of free-floating or free-swimming cells or organisms.
5.Geology. a cluster of earthquakes or other geologic phenomena or features

Stacey said...

from Wikipedia:

Swarming is the natural means of reproduction of honey bee colonies. A new honey bee colony is formed when the queen bee leaves the colony with a large group of worker bees, a process called swarming. In the prime swarm, about 60% of the worker bees leave the original hive location with the old queen. Secondary afterswarms may happen but are rare. Afterswarms are usually smaller and are accompanied by one or more virgin queens. Sometimes a beehive will swarm in succession until it is almost totally depleted of workers. [1] [2] Entomologists consider the colony as a super organism. An individual bee without a colony cannot survive for long. It also needs a certain colony size to reproduce. In the process of swarming the original single colony reproduces to two and sometimes more colonies.

Swarming is mainly a spring phenomenon, usually within a two- or three-week period depending on the locale. But occasional swarms can happen throughout the producing season.